Monday, March 31, 2014

Tuesday, April 1

Today I introduced the Twitter Narrative Project (please see the link). The purpose of this project, as I stated in class, is to not only to become familiar with--and expert in--this form of social media, but also to figure out how to use this medium effectively and how to draw and relate to an audience. I recognize that I am asking you to work with a platform that you are not familiar with, but I have faith that you can do this. And do it really, really well.

Homework: The first step is to create a Twitter profile for a character. If you want to preserve your anonymity--and many people do--you might link it to a different email account. Many people often open gmail accounts just for this purposes. You may do the same.
After you create your Twitter profile, follow me @jenamarquardt (and direct message me your "real" name).

Next, we returned to our Infographic Project. We discussed your readings on typography and determined three different purposes for using typography:
- to create an image
- to convey an emotion
- to draw/direct attention

I accessed several images of typography using Pinterest and we discussed the different purposes of various examples of typography.
We also looked at alphabets created by typographic artists: one alphabet was created by manipulating snippets of subway maps. Another was sky framed by buildings to form letters.

Homework: create your own found alphabet and post this to your blog. You may take photos with your cameraphone or find images online, but you will need to manipulate these images in a way that forms a unique set of letters.
At the beginning of class, I asked you to find a favorite or beautiful word in English. Please use your alphabet to write this word and post it on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment