Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Thursday, April 24

Today we started with a discussion about the role of Twitter robots in your Twitter narrative and this opened to a larger discussion about how your Twitter Narratives are going. While I think we can all benefit from the kind of one-on-one discussion, I also think it's not terribly useful to use classtime to do this so I will prepare a Twitter Narrative workshop to adjust plot and characters.

Continuing to build on out Twitter Narrative, we looked at the Freaknomics Blog "Is Twitter a 2 way Street?" We talked about the role of Freakonomics as a blog about economics, how certain behaviors accrue wealth. In the case of Twitter, wealth=followers. So what kinds of behaviors attract followers on Twitter?

I asked you to read this blog (and/or listen to the podcast) and respond to it on your Blog.

-----

I would also like you to begin work on Wikipedia. You have recently created usernames and accounts on Wikipedia. Now I would like you to make some minor alterations as a group.
We looked at the wikipedia page for Wenzhou and found a glaring error: that WKU was omitted from the list of major universities. This is a problem we can fix.

For your assignment (post on blog):
- find something on wikipedia that needs to be corrected/updated/improved.
- take a screenshot of this problem
- explain how it is a problem and how you will fix it
- fix it
- provide the link of the new, improved article

This does not need to be an extensive correction. You do not need to proofread an entire article. 
For example: Leon found that the mayor listed in his hometown was inaccurate, so he updated it. This is a significant contribution. Your contribution might be similar.

As always, keep working on your Twitter Narratives.

No comments:

Post a Comment